Day 1: Fly overnight to Italy
Day 2: Rome
– Meet your Tour Director at the airport in Rome,
a city that integrates its past into the present
better than any other.
– Enjoy a self-guided walking tour of Rome to
see important sites such as the Trevi Fountain,
Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and the
Day 3: Rome
– On your tour of Vatican City, be sure look out
for the colorful uniforms of the Swiss Guard,
protectors of the Vatican City.
– Marvel at Michelangelo’s breathtaking ceiling
during your visit to the Sistine Chapel.
– Visit St. Peter’s Basilica.
Day 4: Rome
– Take an expert-led tour of the world’s most
famous arena, the Colosseum, where you can
almost hear the stamping feet of the crowds
gathered for gladiatorial combat. Next, it’s the
Roman Forum, the former heart of the Roman
Empire where Julius Caesar gave many of his
great political speeches.
– Enjoy free time in Rome or
participate in a gladiator school experience.
– Enjoy an evening walk through Rome. Before
you say “arrivederci,” toss a coin into the Trevi
Fountain to ensure a return trip to the
Day 5: Assisi | Florence
– Travel to Assisi.
– Visit the Basilica of St. Francis.
– Continue on to Florence, the birthplace of the
Italian language and opera. Florence was the
epicenter of the Renaissance movement from
the 14th to 16th century, and is the former
home of artists like Michelangelo and Botticelli.
Day 6: Florence
– On your walking tour, pass by classical statues
at the Piazza della Signoria and walk across
the Ponte Vecchio, a medieval bridge where
many of Florence’s famed leather and gold
artisans keep shop.
Day 7: Florence | Pisa | French Riviera
– Travel to Pisa.
– See the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
– Visit the Pisa Baptistery.
– Visit the Pisa Cathedral.
– Continue on to the French Riviera.
Day 8: French Riviera | Provence
– Take a walking tour of Nice or Cannes.
– Continue on to Provence.
– Take a tour of Avignon.
– Visit the Pont d’Avignon.
– Visit the Palais des Papes.
Day 9: Provence | Barcelona
– Take a tour of Carcassonne.
– Travel to Barcelona, an art lover’s dream
city and the place where masters like Miró,
Picasso, and Dalí flourished.
Day 10: Barcelona
– Take an expert-led tour of Barcelona. Snap
photos of the twisting spires of La Sagrada
Família and the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc,
which delights with dazzling light and water
shows. From atop Montjuïc Hill, enjoy
panoramic views of the harbor below. You’ll
also pass Barcelona Cathedral.
– Marvel at the landscaped greenery and playful
modernist mosaics on your visit to Park Güell.
– Enjoy free time in Barcelona or
enjoy a Barcelona by Bike tour.
– Flower vendors and street performers greet
you as you stroll the tree-lined Las Ramblas on
a walking tour of the city.
Day 11: Barcelona | Madrid
– Take the AVE train to Madrid, the capital
– Take a walking tour of Madrid.
– Visit the Prado to behold paintings like
Velázquez’s Las Meninas and Goya’s
Day 12: Madrid
– Begin your day with an expert-led tour of
Madrid. Explore Puerta del Sol, the heart of the
city, and travel back in time to Spain’s Golden
Age at Plaza Mayor, where you’ll learn about
this grand square’s history of bullfights, royal
weddings, and public executions.
– Get a taste of royal Madrid on your visit to the
extravagant Palacio Real, where you’ll wander
the fabulous palace interior and find more
than 2,000 rooms decked in beautiful frescoes,
delicate porcelain wares, and finely
– Enjoy a free evening or
attend a flamenco evening.
Day 13: Depart for home
2-DAY TOUR EXTENSION
Days 13–15: Valencia
– Transfer to Valencia.
– Experience the Valencia’s Old Town on a
– Learn about local agriculture during a
– Visit the City of Arts and Sciences.
– Enjoy free time to relax at the beach.