Absences and Tardiness
Ten things to know to avoid hassles and headaches.
- Students need to be present from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every day
- If a student needs to be absent, parents/guardians must inform the school within 24 hours of the absence
- You can report an absence by either calling 720-473-4400 ext. 2 or by logging into Infinite Campus
- Parents will automatically be notified through Infinite Campus if the absence is marked “unexcused”
- Excused absences include:
- Illness or injury
- Medical or legal appointments
- Family emergencies
- Too many excused absences may warrant a meeting with the Administration
- Students will have two days for every excused absence to make up work they may have missed (college classes may differ)
- Students will not be allowed to make up work for any unexcused absences
- Tardiness is any arrival after 8:10 a.m. Three of these will be considered an unexcused absence
- The fourth unexcused absence will require a meeting with the Administration and the student will be placed on an attendance plan. Continued absences will result in further disciplinary action
We hope that helps. You can find more details in the Student Handbook.