Job Title: Middle School Science Teacher
Supervisors: Department Head and Director
Contractual Days: 184 days a year. Typical contractual day runs 7:45am-4:15pm
This position is for an instructor who will teach 6th and 7th grade Science courses aligned with Colorado state standards and ECA Curriculum. All teaching staff are expected to utilize a variety of methodologies and best practices in education and be reflective and evolving educational practitioners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction based on relevant CDE Science content standards and ECA curriculum.
- Demonstrate and communicate a clear passion for your field
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver diverse instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
6. Communicate regularly with students, parents, and other staff members.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Create unit and lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain accurate grades and academic records.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects designed to facilitate student learning
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education and your field of study.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Tutor and support students on an individual basis.
- Differentiate instruction based on diverse student needs
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Actively assess student learning and adjust instruction based on ongoing assessment.
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Provide relevant extra-curricular opportunities for students
- Engage as a collaborative member of our staff
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. bachelor degree or higher in science education or related science field.
2. Passed the PLACE or PRAXIS exam in Science education or related Science field, OR have a Colorado teaching license, OR National Board Certification required.
3. Colorado teaching licenses OR National Board Certification preferred.
4. Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred.
5. Experience with PowerSchool preferred.
6. Minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred
7. Knowledge of human growth and development preferred.
8. Extensive knowledge of curriculum development and implementation preferred.
9. Effective decision-making skills required.
10. Strong ability to communicate effectively with a variety and range of individuals from staff to students to parents required.
11. Passion for Science and dedicated to sharing that passion with students required.
12. Collaborative, team oriented, and professionalism required.
13. Act as role model, mentor, and guide for ECA students required.
Reaching Lifting, up to 30 lbs
Carrying, up to 30 lbs
Pushing/Pulling, up to 30 lbs
Constantly: Not Present:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job